Defining Service Management in ServiceNow
As part of an ongoing effort to implement Service Management into their IT framework, a large university sought out a partner who could assist with formulating the right processes along with providing a strong implementation of those same processes within the ServiceNow platform.
The Service Catalyst team successfully constructed a new Service Catalog, correctly defining & adapting service management processes towards ServiceNow’s data-driven work assignment and metrics alignment. New Service Owners were carefully identified and properly informed of their responsibilities within the system. Ultimately, this solution laid the groundwork for subsequent Service Management work streams.
- Define and collect business service, service offering, and application attributes that will help classify and define transactional process (incident, request, etc.) workflows
- Define the various roles of the Service Owners so they fully understood their roles and responsibilities in the system
- Define the dashboards and reports to meet the operational requirements for Service Owners
- Documented user and functional requirements for services
- Configure services and applications in ServiceNow (utilizing the logical portions of the CMDB)
- Design and configure the relevant actions or symptoms that can occur on a service, and the fulfillment routing rules based on those actions
- Design and configure school/department/campus consumption of services
- Design and configure a self-service view of the university’s business services